December 18, 2014 – In this edition of Talking With the Gravy Train, host Peter Graves speaks with special guest, the US Ski Team’s Noah Hoffman of Aspen, CO. Hoffman recently suffered a … READ MORE → 0 comments
December 18, 2014 – The World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) today announced details of the three-person Independent Commission that will investigate the serious doping allegations recently aired in a series of German television documentaries.
The … READ MORE → 0 comments
December 18, 2014 (Falun, Sweden) – The signs are good that Falun 2015 will be a fantastic ski festival. Today, there are two months remaining until the opening ceremony and more than 100 … READ MORE → 0 comments
– As the current winter season gets underway renowned ski journalist Peter Graves caught up with Central Cross Country Ski Association President Oyvind Solvang, since 2007, for an inside look at the organizations’ plans and … READ MORE → 0 comments
(Toronto, ON) – We are excited to announce that the seventh annual international SkiTrax FIS Fantasy Tour de Ski 2015 Contest is coming soon for contestants worldwide with thousands of dollars in prizes up for … READ MORE → 0 comments
(Canmore, AB) – Biathlon Canada will send an experienced lineup of athletes from across the country to the 2015 Youth and Junior World Championships in Minsk-Raubichi, Belarus following a recent selection race.
The governing body … READ MORE → 0 comments
– The NNF bears a simple mission: to support athletic excellence in developing U.S. Nordic athletes. To that end, through grassroots support and large fundraising efforts like the Drive for 25, the NNF raises the funds … READ MORE → 1 comment
– Russian skiers once again dominated competition on the fifth day of the IPC Nordic Skiing World Cup in Vuokatti, Finland, on Tuesday (16 December) winning three out of the four biathlon sprint races.
In … READ MORE → 0 comments
(Quebec City, QC) – The 11th edition of the Pentathlon des neiges presented by MEC will be held on the Plains of Abraham in Quebec City from January 31 to March 1, 2015. Last … READ MORE → 0 comments
(Edmonton, AB) – Double Olympic medallist, Beckie Scott, will ski into Edmonton’s Beacon Heights Elementary School to launch the Ski Fit North Alberta season, December 17 at 9 a.m.
The face of the unique community … READ MORE → 0 comments
– Don’t miss out! Online Registration closes at 9PM sharp this Wed 12/17. There is NO DAY OF RACE registration for Sunday’s mass start race, so if you miss the online deadline you will … READ MORE → 0 comments
– Here is the latest news from the Maine Winter Sports Center, including holiday wishes, info about its upcoming Holiday Youth XC Ski Camp, Active Maine Projects, and highlights and events happening in various … READ MORE → 0 comments
– If it takes a village to raise a child, then what does it take to get that child to the podium in 2018? In order to help developing athletes get the experience they … READ MORE → 0 comments
– WADA Athlete Committee Chair Beckie Scott has released a statement supporting WADA’s decision to investigate the doping allegations made in a documentary aired on German TV recently. Her statement is as follows:
On behalf … READ MORE → 0 comments
(Davos, Switzerland) – While Norway’s Finn Haagen Krogh celebrated his first World Cup victory taking the 1.3km FR Sprint in Davos on Saturday it was Canada’s Len Valjas that turned heads back home in … READ MORE → 0 comments
(Davos, Switzerland) – Ingvild Flugstag Oestberg took home her first full World Cup victory in the women’s 1.3km FR in Davos as the final resembled the Norwegian nationals with five Norge skiers vs lone … READ MORE → 0 comments
(Rossland, BC) – The weather continued to co-operate in Rossland on Day 2 of the opening round of the Haywood NorAm series as the 11/15km CL races were held with temperatures just below freezing. … READ MORE → 0 comments
(Hochfilzen, Austria) – Canada’s Rosanna Crawford nailed a career-best 5th place finish with only one penalty in four rounds of shooting in the women’s 10km pursuit IBU World Cup in Hochfilzen, Austria on Sunday.
Starting in … READ MORE → 0 comments
(Vuokatti, Finland) – Oksana Masters (Louisville, Kentucky) won her first International Paralympic Committee Nordic Skiing World Cup event as she took gold in the women’s 1-kilometer cross-country sprint on Sunday in Vuokatti, Finland.
Masters, a … READ MORE → 0 comments
(Notodden, Norway) – Sarah Hendrickson placed 4th and 5th in the first Continental Cup competition of the 2014/15 season. Under cloudy Norwegian skies, Hendrickson, 20, achieved jumps of 92.5 and 88.5 meters in her … READ MORE → 0 comments
(Livigno, Italy) – The new race formula, which debuted on Saturday at La Sgambeda, has been appreciated by the athletes. Victory of the Team Coop that won on the Team Santander and on the … READ MORE → 0 comments
(Davos, Switzerland) – The men’s 15km CL in Davos came down to the wire and Norway’s Martin Johnsrud Sundby, the current overall World Cup leader, was up to the challenge claiming the victory by … READ MORE → 0 comments
(Davos, Switzerland) – Norway’s Therese Johaug dominated the women’s 10 km classic in Davos with a 42-second margin over teammate Marit Bjoergen as Finland’s Kerttu Niskanen rounded out the podium in third.The USA’s Liz … READ MORE → 0 comments
(Rossland, BC) – The Black Jack ski club in Rossland B.C. has seen it’s share of miserable rainy weather in the last week but thanks to the tireless shoveling efforts of volunteers and even … READ MORE → 0 comments
(Hochfilzen, Austria) – Team Canada matched their best-ever men’s 4×7.5km relay 6th place finish using 10 spare rounds as Russia ran away with the victory with near perfect shooting using only one spare round. … READ MORE → 0 comments
(Vuokatti, Finland) – Once again USA and Canadian paranordic skiers were on the podium as Day 3 of the IPC World Cup unfolded in Vuokatti, Finland. In the women’s 5km sitting American Masters (15:59.1) … READ MORE → 0 comments
(Hochfilzen, Austria) – Germany took home the women’s 4x6km relay victory today by a healthy margin using eight spare rounds at the IBU World Cup #2 in Hochfilzen in Hochfilzen, Austria. Belarus, with 10 … READ MORE → 0 comments
(Hochfilzen, Austria) - American Tim Burke shot well with only one penalty in the men’s 10km Sprint to finish 13th at round two of the IBU World Cup in Hochfilzen, Austria. Johannes Thingnes Boe … READ MORE → 0 comments
(Toronto, ON) – We are pleased to announce the leaders of the SkiTrax FIS Fantasy World Cup Contest after round two of the 2014/15 Viessmann XC FIS World Cup season at Lillehammer, Norway. Canada’s … READ MORE → 0 comments
– “Finally!” That’s what Benoit Chauvet (FRA) has certainly thought when he crossed the finish line of this year’s edition of La Sgambeda. After 42km skied in the freestyle technique, the Frenchman had taken … READ MORE → 0 comments
– Check out the latest edition of Inside the Fence from Lillehammer as FIS catches up with some of Nordic skiing’s greats as they reminisce about the 1994 Winter Olympic Games at the same … READ MORE → 0 comments
– Here is the Official statement of the Czech Ski Association regarding the cancellation of the FIS World Cup in February in Liberec:
Based on final analysis of the status of the preparations and of … READ MORE → 0 comments
– It’s a green light for the upcoming Davos World Cup weekend. Everything will get underway this Friday at 18:30 with official bib hand-out to the Top-Three FIS World Cup distance World Cup leaders … READ MORE → 0 comments
(Toronto, ON) – The City of Toronto, in partnership with Coaches Association of Ontario and MLSE Foundation, will be offering National Coaching Certification Program training throughout 2015, starting in January. The Fundamental Movement Skills … READ MORE → 0 comments
– Due to very limited snow conditions at the venue in Anchorage Alaska, U.S. Biathlon announced Thursday that the Dec. 28-30 U.S. Youth Junior World Championships Team Trials have been relocated to Mt. Itasca in Coleraine, … READ MORE → 0 comments
– (La Clusaz, FRA) – Due to a lack of snow and an unfavourable weather forecast the French Ski Federation (FFS) and the International Ski Federation (FIS) have decided to cancel the FIS Cross-Country … READ MORE → 0 comments
(Montreal, QC) – The World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) issued a statement yesterday that it will investigate allegations of widespread and systemic doping in Russia as raised in a recent German TV documentary. Today, the … READ MORE → 0 comments
– After a third place finish in the biathlon sprint on Wednesday (10 Decmeber), Finland’s Maija Jarvela claimed the host country’s first victory at the Vuokatti IPC Nordic Skiing World Cup on Thursday (11 … READ MORE → 0 comments
– On 8th December 2014, the full membership of the IOC unanimously approved the 40 recommendations that make up Olympic Agenda 2020, a strategic roadmap for the future of the Olympic Movement at the … READ MORE → 0 comments
(Vuokatti, Finland) – Russian athletes showed no traces of a hangover from the Sochi 2014 Paralympic Winter Games on Wednesday (10 December), dominating the first day of biathlon competition at the IPC Nordic Skiing … READ MORE → 0 comments
(Ripton, VT) – Rikert Nordic Center will host the 14th annual New England Women’s XC Ski Day on Sunday, Jan. 25. Organized by the New England Nordic Ski Association, the popular event is coming … READ MORE → 0 comments
(Ottawa, ON) – The Canadian Centre for Ethics in Sport (CCES) would like to alert the Canadian sport community that the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) 2015 Prohibited List will come into effect on January 1, 2015.
Notable modifications … READ MORE → 0 comments
– Consistently warm wet weather with little relief in the forecast has forced the organizers of the Haywood NorAm, scheduled for Whistler Olympic Park just before Christmas, to relocate the races to Sovereign Lake … READ MORE → 0 comments
– After all other Nordic disciplines already had their season opener, it’s now time for the long distance races to get underway. Traditionally, La Sgambeda, situated in the valley of Livigno (ITA), not far … READ MORE → 0 comments
– Unsettled weather in the forecast and low snow conditions have forced organizers of the Haywood NorAm events planned for Rossland (Dec 13 & 14) and Whistler (Dec 20 & 21) to review their … READ MORE → 0 comments
– More than 100 athletes from 12 countries have arrived in Vuokatti, Finland, for the very first IPC Nordic Skiing World Cup of 2014-15 which starts on Wednesday (10 December).
Some of the best cross-country … READ MORE → 0 comments
– Start has made an extensive new ski Waxing Manual available on its website that covers the waxing process with its entire product line, from safety and base preparation to kick waxing and klisters. … READ MORE → 0 comments
– Attention all Masters athletes, coaches and family! The Canadian World Masters Alpine Coach Claudio Berto has confirmed that Westjet will offer a 10% discount for flights anywhere in Canada to either Québec or … READ MORE → 0 comments
– SkiTrax caught up with Canada’s new World Cup team coach, Tor Arne Hetland from Norway, after round two of the 2014-15 FIS WCup in Lillehammer, Norway, this past weekend. In his interview Hetland … READ MORE → 0 comments
– Be a part of Canada’s #1 charity devoted to our Olympic Athletes and high performance sport. The Canadian Olympic Foundation (Foundation) is a national charitable organization created by the Canadian Olympic Committee (COC). … READ MORE → 0 comments