The Super Tour races scheduled for the weekend include a freestyle sprint prologue and individual start freestyle races on Saturday, December 3, and mass start classic races on Sunday, December 4.
While Bohart had decent snow conditions up until a few days ago, a spell of warmer weather has melted much of what was there and the trails are now covered with little more than a thin base of ice. “If we don’t get any snow tomorrow, we’re cancelling,” said John Skemp, a staff member at Bohart Ranch, when reached by phone by SkiTrax.
Skemp was optimistic, however, in light of the weather forecast for tonight and tomorrow: “They’re calling for 3 to 7 inches and a winter storm warning tomorrow, starting at 8 a.m. and continuing to midnight.” Kemp said that race organizers from the Bridger Ski Foundation would make a final decision on whether to cancel or run the race on a shortened course at noon local time on Wednesday.
Visit the Bridger Ski Foundation web site HERE.