December 13, 2011 (Ottawa, ON) – The Sport department at the Canadian Olympic Committee is seeking an individual to help with logistical and administrative coordination in the winter of 2012 as the COC prepares for the 2012 Olympic Games and 2014 Winter Olympic Games. This internship is a non-paid position.
Position: Sport Intern, Winter 2012
Application Deadline: January 3, 2012
The Canadian Olympic Committee is a national, private, not-for-profit organization committed to sport excellence. It is responsible for all aspects of Canada’s involvement in the Olympic Movement, including Canada’s participation in the Olympic and Pan American Games and a wide variety of programs that promote the Olympic Movement in Canada through cultural and educational means.
Timing & Location
Winter 2012 (January 16th – April 30th) at the COC Ottawa Office. Full time Monday – Friday.
Core Responsibilities and Priorities:
The COC Sport Intern would assist the Sport Department with various tasks. Some of these responsibilities will include:
- Assist with logistics for the London 2012 Games – accommodations, procurement, cargo, ticketing, rate card, etc.
- Assist with event logistics (registration, travel, signage, gifting, etc) for the Sochi Olympic Preparation Workshop #2
- Assist with event logistics (registration, travel, signage, gifting, etc) for the London Team Operations Preparation Seminar
- Assist with the Local Volunteer program for London 2012
- Assist in the overall preparation for the London 2012 Outfitting operation
- Knowledge of the Canadian Sport System and Canadian athletes, particularly high performance sport;
- Time and priority management; ability to meet deadlines on multiple projects and tasks;
- Initiative and ability to work effectively within a team;
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to build and maintain excellent work relationships with the various internal and external stakeholders of the COC;
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access, etc.)
- Ability to work some weekends and week nights is required.
- Bilingual (preferred)
Please send all cover letters and resumes by January 3rd, 2011 to firstname.lastname@example.org citing the position title in the subject line. No telephone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Type of Position:
Full Time – Intern / co-op
Canadian Olympic Committee
85 Albert St., Suite 1400
Ottawa , ON, Canada