January 19, 2012 (Canmore, AB) – After consultation with the organizing committee, and in consideration of the weather forecasts, the race jury has made the decision to alter the event schedule as follows:
1) Friday, January 20: Interval start classic race (previously on Saturday)
Race start at 11:00 AM – 15 second intervals
2) Saturday, January 21: individual sprint free technique race (previously on Friday)
Qualification and heat times as per the race notice
3) All existing registrations for the interval start will be transferred into the new Friday time slot.
4) In the event that the Friday interval start race is not able to be held because of cold weather, it will be put back to Saturday, as part of a two day pursuit-with-a-break, and the sprint event will be cancelled.
5) Persons who are not able to accommodate the new race schedule (for example those who had previously registered for only Saturday and Sunday races) are asked to contact the Race Secretary to explore alternative arrangements.
*** Please forward this info to others who may need to know.
Organizing Committee Chair
Race info HERE.