June 23, 2012 (Thunder Bay, ON) – Lappe Nordic Cross Country is seeking a Ski Program Developer for a 1-year term beginning in August 2012 with the aim to grow and enhance the membership in the Lappe Nordic Ski Club.
Employment Term: August 15, 2012 to August 14, 2013
Compensation: $14.42 per hour ($30,000 per annum, based on 40 hour work week), plus some work related expenses
Job Objective: Grow and enhance the membership in the Lappe Nordic Ski Club
- Promote the Lappe Nordic Ski Club (“the Club”), to expand program participation and amplify the Club’s profile within the community.
- Attract and secure funding for suitable projects.
- Collaborate with other local and regional skiing and non-skiing organizations and individuals in marketing cross country skiing as a health and economic benefit to the local area and region.
- Support the planning and delivery of competitions at Lappe Nordic Ski Centre.
- Support Lappe Nordic Ski Club racing team in activities to be determined by the coaches and the Board of Directors.
- Accountable to: This position is accountable to, and supported by, the members of the Lappe Nordic Ski Club Board of Directors. The incumbent will report to the club president.
1. Project Development
- Funding and Sponsorship development: complete applications for funding; meet with potential funders, donors and sponsors to formulate agreements that support projects to enhance activities for existing and potential Club members. Examples of projects could be: ski equipment rental program; skiing in schools program; Youth XC Zone; Officials’ Mentorship Program; Bite into Biathlon; Women on Skis; 24 Hour Ski/Relay.
2. Communication and Coordination
- Develop source(s) of contacts for marketing to recruit new members for: children’s program, adult and older adult recreational program(s), masters’ ski- fit, new competitive athletes.
- Coordinate and support project committee volunteers consisting of members of stakeholders executive members and parents.
- Media relations: including promotion of current and upcoming events using various media; development of portfolio of resources for future use.
- Report a summary of activities and results and expenditures at the regularly scheduled Board of Directors’meetings.
- Assist the organizing committee of large competitions and other Club event by providing administrative support.
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- The applicant must be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university program and aged 29 years or under or a mature graduate. The program of study may be in business, marketing, coaching or a sport related discipline, tourism and recreation or a related field.
- The applicant must have experience in recreation or sport program delivery.
- The applicant will possess excellent communication, presentation and marketing skills including proficiency with the use of computers, including MS Office software and social media.
- The applicant will have the ability to collaborate with individuals, organizations and businesses.
We anticipate an interview process during July 25-31, 2012 and notice of selection by August 3, 2012.