September 18, 2012 (Wilmington, NY) – USST skiers Liz Stephen and Tad Elliott took top honours in cold, windy, wet conditions that included fog at the 6th annual NYSEF Whiteface Climb to the Castle Rollerski Race on Saturday, September 15.
Stephen was on form defending her title while setting a course record of 43:33 on the grueling 5-mile with an average 8% grade and an elevation of 4,867 ft. up Whiteface Mountain, New York’s 5th highest peak. Jessie Diggins (U23-USST) was second with Ida Sargent (SR-USST) in third.
The men’s race was a battle between three skiers with Elliott prevailing over CGRP’s Patrick O’Brien with Julian Dorais in third. Defending champ Kris Freeman (SR-USST) was not on hand but USBA’s Lowell Bailey was in the mix finishing 7th overall.
1. Elizabeth Stephen (SR-USST) 43:33
2. Jessie Diggins (U23-USST) 48:38
3. Ida Sargent (SR-USST) 48:55
4. Hannah Dreissigacker (SR-USBA) 50:10
5. Clare Egan (SR-CGRP) 50:10
1. Tad Elliott (SR-USST) 39:28
2. Patrick O’Brien (SR-CGRP) 39:38
3. Julian Dorais 39:46
5. Sylvan Ellefson (SR-SSCV) 40:33
5. Andrew Newell (SR-USST) 40:40