October 14 – Nordic Ski Evolution/Revolution
Salute the New Cool of Nordic Skiing: Rally with Today’s Superstars and Past Heroes
Visit the newly redesigned long term exhibits on the Museum’s second floor, including Nordic Ski Evolution/Revolution.
The afternoon will consist of three panels that highlight the past, present and future of cross country ski areas, technology, coaching, and youth development. Panels begin at 1 with cross country ski areas, 2:30-3:45 will be technique and coaching, and 3:45-5pm will be equipment. A cash bar with buffet dinner will follow. At 7:30, the Vermont Ski and Snowboard Museum Nordic Hall of Fame Inductees will be available for questions and answers.
Panelists include Johannes von Trapp, Tony Clark, Joe Pete Wilson, Charlie Yerrick,
Judy Geer and Dick Dreissigacker (Craftsbury), Mike Hussey (Rikert), Jere Linehan (Strafford), Charlie Yerrick (Trapp), Bob Gray, John Tidd (EPSTI/PSIA), Janice Fleetwood Bean (EPSTI/PSIA), Bob Gray, John Tidd (EPSTI/PSIA), Janice Fleetwood Bean (EPSTI/PSIA), Carol Van Dyke (Bill Koch League/Stowe Nordic Outing Club), Justin Beckwith (Green Mountain Valley School), Pepa Miloucheva (Director of Competitive Skiing at Craftsbury), Zack Caldwell, Graham Lonetto (Edgewise), Tim Reynolds (Craftsbury), Trina Hosmer, Peter Graves, Jan Reynolds, Murray Banks and more….
Tickets are $15 for dinner, $5 for any of the panel discussions and includes admission to the Museum
Thank you to our sponsors Stowe Nordic Outing Club, The Cushman Design Group, Dave and Trina Hosmer, Ole’s Cross Country Ski Area.
October 21 – Paul Robbins Journalism Award
The Vermont Ski and Snowboard Museum cordially invites you to the Induction Ceremony and Dinner in celebration of
- Charles Minot Dole (1899-1976)
- D. Trowbridge Elliman
- Leslie Thompson Hall
- Tiger Shaw
Paul Robbins Ski Journalism Award presented to Linda Adams and Sporty Bell
Trapp Family Lodge Event Tent
- 4:30pm – Welcome reception
- 5:00-6:00pm – Induction Ceremony
- 6:30pm – Buffet dinner and music by Hall of Fame member Larry Damon and his band Z-Jaz
For complete biographical information, click HERE.
Tickets $60 members, $85 non-members
For more information, contact Meredith Scott, Director/Curator, firstname.lastname@example.org, 802.253.9911.
Support the Museum
- Buy a raffle ticket.
- Renew or become a member.
- Make a donation.
More than $35,000 has been raised towards our $50,000 goal. Help us complete the 10th anniversary campaign.
1. One-night stay in Hotel Jay Studio for four people, lift tickets and water park use included.
2. Two, four-day, adult, non-holiday, lift tickets to Stowe Mountain Resort with a guided tour by Historian Brian Lindner.
3. Scott Mega Dozer powder skis (185cm) with Marker Griffon bindings.
4. Burton set up: Custom Board, Cartel Bindings and Hail Boots (can be exchanged at the Burton Flagship Store for sizing regardless of men’s or women’s).
5. Two-night stay at the Trapp Family Lodge with trail use included.
Click here to buy tickets. $25 each or 5 for $100. You can pick the item you want to win.
Membership: Click the box for more details. 100% of membership income supports our exhibits and programs.
Donations: Click here for our 10th anniversary budget. We are almost there!
See the new exhibit One Track Mind: A Celebration of Snowboarding from Burton’s Archives.
More on the 10th Anniversary Celebrations and the museum HERE.