February 13, 2013 (Toronto, ON) – We are excited to announce the 2012/13 SkiTrax FIS Fantasy World Cup Contest standings after the pre-Olympic test event in Sochi, Russia, as the Viessmann XC FIS World Cup moves to Davos, Switzerland this weekend for round 8.
It’s still a very tight battle as Team Summerstars has taken over the lead with 848 points bumping Little Matt into second with 846 points, as Team maksimy holds on to third with 831 points.
Read our coverage of Sochi featuring the USA’s Kikkan Randall’s domination of the Women’s 1.3km FR Sprints here… Canada’s Gaiazova and Jones Team Sprint podium here…and Liz Stephen’s career-best eighth in the women’s 15km skiathlon here.
Good luck to all contestants and thanks to all of our great sponsors, including Fischer, Trapp Family Lodge, SkiGo, Alpina, One Way, Bjorn Daehlie, 2XU, Bliz, Fresh Air Experience, High Peaks Cyclery, Auclair, and Buff.
For the Contest standings after Sochi, click HERE.
SkiTrax Fantasy FIS World Cup 2012/13 Contest Prizes
* 1st Prize - Fischer 12/13 Carbonlite Skating Hole Skis, Xcelerator Bindings, Carbonlite Poles (value $1,100)
* 2nd Prize – Trapp Family Lodge – 2 nights lodging in a Deluxe Room w/breakfast (value $600)
* 3rd Prize – SkiGo Carbon 335 Skate Roller Skis (value $420)
* 4th Prize – Alpina ESK Ski Boots (value $419)
* 5th Prize – One Way Premio Ski Poles (value $400)
* 6th Prize – Bjorn Daehlie Exclusive US XC Ski Suit (value $300)
* 7th Prize - 2XU Long Sleeve Thermal Compression Top and Elite Socks (value $195)
* 8th Prize – Bliz Proflip Visor (value $129)
* 9th Prize – Fresh Air Experience or High Peaks Cyclery Gift Certificate (value $100)
* 10th Prize - Auclair Micro Mountain Olympic Gloves + Earbags (value $65)
* WCup Breaks - Buff Headware to top 3 contest leaders before the Tour de Ski (value $23)
SkiTrax is North America’s leading Nordic skiing publication and the official magazine of the United States Ski and Snowboard Association (USSA) and Cross Country Canada (CCC).