December 18, 2013 (Toronto, ON) – We are excited to announce that the sixth annual international SkiTrax FIS Fantasy Tour de Ski 2013/14 Contest is now live for team registration for contestants worldwide with over $5,000 in prizes up for grabs. This year the Tour de Ski runs from Dec. 28 to Jan. 5 covering 9 days with the first event kicking off in Oberhof, Germany.
Here’s how the FIS Tour de Ski 2013/14 Contest works
Register your team of unique individual skiers including four (4) men, and four (4) women plus two (2) Outlaw Skiers (one male and one female) not in the top 15 of the FIS World Cup overall rankings. The menus for all skiers are at registration as well as a link to the FIS World Cup Ranking where you can find more details on each skier.
Deadlines, Points, Prizes
The deadline to register your FIS Tour de Ski 2013/14 team, or to make any changes, is 10pm EST on Dec. 27 – the day before the TdS launches. Earn bonus points such as Kick and Glide or Val Climb Points along with other opportunities to score points – all contest rules and information are available at TdS registration.
Please NOTE – the skier lists are the preliminary team submissions by participating countries and are not complete at this time. Participating nations may also revise their team until Dec. 27, the final day prior to the Tour de Ski. We will do our best to update and inform all contestants of any changes – pls check frequently.
Points will be awarded following each TdS stage based on each skier’s performance and published regularly at skitrax.com so you can follow your team’s progress and see how you compare with other players and the actual TdS standings.
Good luck to all contestants and thanks to all of our great sponsors, including Madshus, Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise, Rudy Project, Salomon, Marwe, Halti, Bjorn Daehlie, Exer-Genie, Madshus, Fresh Air Experience and High Peaks Cyclery.
SkiTrax Fantasy FIS TdS 2013/14 Contest Prizes
* 1st Prize - Madshus Redline Carbon Skate skis, Super Nano Skate boots, Nano Carbon Race 100 UHM poles (value $1,920)
* 2nd Prize – Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise - 2nd Prize – XC Ski 2-night luxury package (value $850)
* 3rd Prize – Atomic World Cup Skate or Classic boots ($479sk/$369cl)
* 4th Prize – Rudy Project Sunglasses For Sport Agon + For Life Spinhawk (value $450)
* 5th Prize – Marwe 610c Roller Skis (value $349)
* 6th Prize – Halti Nokka XC Outfit (value $325)
* 7th Prize – Exer-Genie XC Trainer (value $229)
* 8th Prize - WASPcam JAKD Action-Sports Camera (value $150)
* 9th Prize – Concept2 Goodie Duffle Bag (value $130)
* 10th Prize – Fresh Air Experience or High Peaks Cyclery Gift Certificate (value $100)
SkiTrax is North America’s leading Nordic skiing publication and the official magazine of the United States Ski and Snowboard Association (USSA) and Cross Country Canada (CCC).