March 19, 2017 (Thunder Bay, ON) – The National Team Development Centre (NTDC) – Thunder Bay is one of Canada’s national sanctioned cross-country ski centres, operating as a development team within the framework of Cross Country Canada.
The Assistant Coach will join our Head Coach in providing a world-class training environment and high-performance structure for 10-20 of Canada’s present and future World Cup athletes. As one of two coaching staff, you will be an integral part of the success of the NTDC-TBAY program.
The successful applicant will have:
– 3+ years coaching experience
– Minimum NCCP training/certification Train2Train (CCD preferred) or equivalent training and experience
– Strong technical knowledge and analysis of cross-country skiing
– Demonstrated competence in race wax selection, application, and testing
– Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
– Excellent race support abilities
– Ability to present and write effectively
– Outstanding organization and time management
– Sufficient personal ski technique and fitness
– Computer competency (spreadsheets, word processing, database management, video transfer, web page maintenance)
– Degree in kinesiology, physiology, coaching, or related field an asset
– Ontario F-class drivers licence (or ability to obtain within first month)
Please see the full job description here.
– Application deadline: Monday April 3, 2017
– Anticipated start date: April 24, 2017 (negotiable)
– Salary commensurate with experience and education
– Full-time, permanent
– Comprehensive health benefits package provided
– Apply with a resume, cover letter, and reference contact information.
– Email documents as a single PDF to: firstname.lastname@example.org