April 12, 2017 (Toronto, ON) – Be a part of building and servicing a national brand. The Canadian Olympic Committee (COC) is a national, private, not-for-profit organization committed to high-performance sports excellence. We are the largest private supporter of high performance sport in Canada and we are responsible for all aspects of Canada’s involvement in the Olympic Movement, including participation in the Olympic and Pan American Games.
The COC is seeking a dynamic individual to join its Toronto office. This curious and service-oriented individual will work on the Commercial Affairs team to help manage and protect the Canadian Olympic Team brand in the Canadian marketplace. Working under the direction of the Manager, Commercial Affairs, the Coordinator is specifically responsible for supporting all aspects of internal and external brand management and strategic partner relations including brand consistency and issues management support, education, client servicing and administration. The ideal Coordinator, Commercial Affairs enjoys taking care of the details, solving problems, delivering the highest level of customer service, and working in a fast-paced environment.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND PRIORITIES:
– Assist the COC’s brand protection and case management function
– Monitor marketplace for unauthorized uses of the Olympic brand; identify and resolve infringements
– Provide local Games-time monitoring and case management support
– Work with Partnerships team to develop and administer ambush-prevention tools
– Oversee use of Olympic brand in Canada through education of COC stakeholders, third parties and public
– Oversee internal/external requests for use of the Olympic brand and approvals (including firstname.lastname@example.org function)
– Oversee internal/external stakeholder (athletes, agents, NSFs, business community, etc.) commercial rights education including educational presentations to stakeholders as required
– Lead development of brand guidelines and other educational resources (including olympic.ca/branduse) for COC stakeholders, third parties and public
– Support the Rule 40 waiver education, submission and approvals process
– Assist with management of COC’s intellectual property portfolio including routine auditing of portfolio and review of monitoring services
– Oversee COC’s archives and artifact collection and manage relationships with sport museums
– Curation and appraisal of assets for insurance and asset management purposes
– Administration of artifact loans and supporting loan agreements
– Provide brand consistency and issues management support to Partnerships team and other internal COC departments as required
– Manage and update Marketing Partner Activation Guidelines
– Consult on Marketing Partner and Licensee guideline development
– Support the approvals process for Partner marks usage and activation plans and provide consistency of approvals support
– Account management and day-to-day servicing of Strategic Partners (in the areas of sponsorship and marketing)
– Account management and day-to-day servicing of Licensees
– Provide NSF marketing services, including but not limited to:
– Management of competition uniform approvals process including communication with NSFs and the IOC regarding protocol for each edition of the Olympic, Youth Olympic and Pan Am Games
– Serve as marketing liaison for Managers of Team Services (MTS)
– Assist NSFs with sponsorship education of non-Olympic marketing partners and coordinate sponsorship development services as determined by COC strategic plan
– Assist in the development, execution and administration of programs which extend the Olympic brand to new properties (Olympic Trials, NSF licensing program, etc.)
– Lead development and execution of Agent Workshops
QUALIFICATIONS AND CRITICAL SKILLS:
– University degree or equivalent in Marketing, Sport Business, or related field.
– 2-3 years of proven marketing experience within sponsorship and/or sports marketing.
– Strong verbal and written communications skills. Bilingualism (French, English) is an asset.
– Strong time management skills to meet deadlines and deploy resources in areas that have greatest positive impact on results.
– Passionate about sport from grassroots to high performance.
– Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
– Demonstrated best in class client service experience.
– Curiosity for and desire to learn more about the business of sport.
– An affinity for building strong relationships.
– Self-starter, with the ability to work effectively within a team environment.
– Strong balance between attention to detail and the bigger picture.
– Ability to establish and maintain excellent working relationships with various internal and external colleagues/stakeholders.
– Digital/social media familiarity, experience with platforms an asset.
– Strong computer software expertise required, including PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook.
– Demonstrates and embodies the COC values of Accountability, Excellence, Fun, Respect and Bravery
Competitive salary based on experience, excellent benefits package.
Please send all cover letters and resumes by April 25, 2017 to email@example.com citing the position title in the subject line. No telephone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Type of Position: Full Time
Employment Type: Employee
Contact Name: Dayna Maaten
21 St. Clair Ave E. Suite 900
TORONTO, ON M4T 1L9
Web Address: http://olympic.ca/employment/