March 27, 2013 (Toronto, ON) – We’re sorry for the delay and thrilled to announce the overall standings and winners of the second annual SkiTrax FIS Fantasy Marathon Cup 2012/13 Contest after the Engadin Skimarathon 42km free technique race held in Switzerland on March 10. Read our coverage of the 45th Engadin Skimarathon, including final overall FIS Marathon Cup standings here.
Team dom managed to defend the lead to the end with 650 points, while teams beaujo and legrandbo made last-minute charges to earn top-three finishes with 644 and 640 points, respectively.
For the final contest standings after the Engadin Skimarathon, please click HERE.
Congratulations to the winners and thanks again to all contestants and our great sponsors including Nipika, Marwe, Yoko, Halti, Skiwax.ca, 2XU, One Way, Fresh Air Experience, High Peaks Cyclery, Auclair, and Buff.
FIS Fantasy Marathon Cup Prize Winners
- dom – Dom Berrod – Fleurie, France
* 1st Prize – Nipika Lodge – 4-nights for 2 people in luxurious cabin, including Trail Fees (value up to $1,160)
- beaujo – Rene Berrod – Vivier, France
* 2nd Prize - Marwe 610c Roller Skis (value $349)
- legrandbo – Guy Ruet – Le Grand Bornand, France
* 3rd Prize – Yoko 9100 Poles (value $299)
- Redl… – Agris Krievans – Naukseni, Latvia
* 4th Prize – Halti XC Race Suit Hemmo Set (value $269)
- fleur – Simone Berrod – Fleurie, France
* 5th Prize – Skiwax.ca Racer Kickwax kit (value $235)
- swedish – Vincent Ruet – Montalieu Vercieu, France
* 6th Prize - 2XU Long Sleeve Thermal Compression Top and Elite Socks (value $195)
- lafrasse – Christiane Ruet – Le Grand Bornand, France
* 7th Prize – One Way Snowbird Glasses (value $120)
- littlebig – Nadine Moiroud – Montalieu, France
* 9th Prize – Auclair Micro Mountain Olympic Gloves + Earbags (value $65)
- rgsnow – Guillaume Ruet – Fleurie, France
* 10th Prize – Buff Headware (value $23)
SkiTrax is North America’s leading Nordic skiing publication and the official magazine of the United States Ski and Snowboard Association (USSA) and Cross Country Canada (CCC).