December 13, 2012 (Ottawa, ON) – Biathlon Canada, the national governing body for the sport of biathlon in Canada, is seeking an energetic and motivated individual to serve as Technical Programs Coordinator.
The Technical Programs Coordinator is a key staff position within the organization and as such provides the overall coordination aspect of all biathlon sport development programs (coaching, officials and competition programs). The TPC ensures that Sport Development programs apply sound business practices, operates according to Biathlon Canada, IBU, Sport Canada and COC policies and consistently delivers a high standard of athlete, coach and officials satisfaction.
The applicant should have the following experience / abilities:
- Formal Education at the university level in Physical Education or Physical Activity Sciences, or Sport Administration or the equivalent experience in the field of amateur sport;
- Coaching and Officiating certification or experience in biathlon and/or in other sports;
- Knowledge and understanding of the LTAD Program is considered an asset
- A proven record of success coordinating programs and personnel in their efforts for national success;
- Good leadership abilities, and an ability to organize and administer complex programs;
- An understanding of short-term and long-term planning necessary to develop clubs, athletes, coaches and officials;
- The ability to represent Biathlon Canada professionally to its partners and stakeholders;
- Be a team player;
- The ability to communicate effectively;
- Bilingualism is considered a strong asset;
- Fluency in written English;
- Excellent computer skills including knowledge of use of Microsoft Office products
- Ability to create and present PowerPoint presentations; ability to prepare reports for funding partners, Executive and Board Members.
- Experience with social media would be considered an asset.
TRAVEL: The TPC will be required to travel from time to time. This includes attending committee meetings, some events and various Biathlon Canada national meetings.
APPLICATIONS: The location of the position is at the national office in Ottawa, Ontario.
Application Deadline: December 21, 2012. Starting Date: January 28, 2013. Term Dates: January 28, 2013 – February 28, 2014
Salary is commensurate with experience. Applications with a résumé and 3 references will be accepted at the address below until 21 December 2012.
Executive Director, Biathlon Canada
We thank all applicants but only those invited for an interview will be contacted. This position is made possible with partial financial support from Sport Canada.
Type of Position: Full Time
Full Job Description: HERE.